In our Science teaching we aim to ensure our children:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them, are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future
Our Vision in Science: We are Scientists!
At Upton, we believe children learn best when they can be scientists themselves. They are encouraged to question, investigate and discover new learning in a practical way. Children are supported to explain their findings using scientific vocabulary and make links to real life and other areas of learning. We are all Scientists!
- We are scientific enquirers as we ask questions.
- We are involved in practical ‘hands on’ investigations where we explore, experiment and discover new things.
- We make links between our experiences, real life events and other subject areas.
- We draw conclusions and explain our ideas using scientific vocabulary.
- We have fun in Science and enjoy our learning! Click here to see a copy of Upton's Science Vision and Principles
- science-sparks.com(science sparks)
- https://jointhepod.org/about/friends/bsa(The pod)
- http://www.nationalinsectweek.co.uk/(Insect week)
- https://littlebinsforlittlehands.com/(Little Bins)
To access the curriculum objectives for each year group, please click here.