Upton Primary School at the heart of the community with the community at its heart.
Through good times and adversity, we are stronger together.
At Upton Primary School it is our vision to create a school where Governors, staff, children and parents work actively and in partnership to enable all children to unlock their full potential.
We want our school to be continually developing, existing at the heart of the local community. In our school everyone is encouraged to give of their best and to be proud of their own and each other’s achievements.
This vision is embodied in our school’s aims which are:
- To keep developing and improving our links with parents, the wider community, our learning community and schools further afield.
- To help all in the school become successful, independent learners, responsible citizens, effective contributors and confident, resilient individuals. We want our children to work collaboratively and understand the value of being a member of a team.
- To be constantly seeking ways to develop excellent teaching and memorable learning opportunities, ensuring firm foundations are laid for all children.
- To be a school that is focused on nurturing, challenging and inspiring all pupils.
- To instil the feeling of family were everyone knows and cares for each other and behaves respectfully.
We pride ourselves on our welcoming atmosphere where all are respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential. We offer teaching which supports each child achieving their potential in a happy, friendly, caring community. Children enjoy a varied and stimulating curriculum and they have plenty of scope to establish a broad range of friendships where newcomers integrate with ease.